Our client is looking for a Business Analyst that will focus on process documentation and business analysis support of various initiatives. This individual will interact with the business users, gather and document As-Is and To-Be processes and requirements, as well as to document application dependencies, and provide improvement recommendations.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to, requirements elicitation, documenting requirements and creating process flow and written documentation. The role will include working with the team, stakeholders, and vendors to ensure that the business analysis documentation is correct, complete and detailed.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business functions and processes
- Document, review and update business process requirements based on client’s feedback
- Ensure appropriate levels of controls are applied to work efforts, including security requirements, effective business solutions
- Serve as a business liaison between client and project teams
- Establish, monitor and maintain high client satisfaction levels
- Document and track problems in client business systems or processes to provide recommendations for future efficiencies
- Analyze, review, and document current structure and use cases of the application or process; Analyze and document current application dependencies
- Serve as a business liaison between clients and project teams to help understand user interaction
- Assist project manager in better understanding information gathered about user experience
- Assist business clients in developing requirements for future use cases
- Assist team in getting the current deliverable in a timely manner; Jump in and assist where needed to accomplish tasks
- Ability to develop/update existing training materials and support the team as they deliver training to end-users
- Strong communication skills in working with a team and providing in time updates to project manager.
Skills and Experience
- Someone who is energetic and passionate about business analysis work, extremely positive and solution driven
- Detail oriented
- Ability to lead assigned tasks to completion
- Excellent requirements gathering skills and experience
- Listening to customers and understands their current processes and needs; Experience in process design and/or documentation; Experience using Visio or equivalent process mapping solutions
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision; Can manage workload and priorities
- Experience in developing business analysis deliverables like requirements document, As-Is and To-Be process diagrams, use cases, traceability matrix, data dictionary, business rules, meeting notes, etc.
- Someone who has worked on cross-functional teams, on projects in a matrixed environment
- Experience working with business and technical staffs to define, document, and track software requirements and design; Can manage difficult stakeholders
- Most recent roles should show increasing responsibility as BA in agile and waterfall environment; Familiarity with Agile methodology Skilled at analyzing data and processes
- Skilled at documentation best practices such as using revision history/version control/requirement unique identifier
- Willing to learn new things and share knowledge to others; Proactive; Resourceful
- B.S. degree in computer science, management information systems, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working with security-based platforms for controlling access
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- IIBA certification