Our client is looking for a Product Owner that will work with business line leader leadership, product management, and other relevant stakeholders to define and prioritize requirements. You will be helping to steer the vision of the commercial product and working with the leadership team to set the team's Program Increments (PI), monitor and assess the backlog, customer value scorecard, and shepherd the PI team to a successful deployment.
- Serve as a voice to clarify the expectations of customers on new or already existing products and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Highlight product features through documented user stories in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Manage and develop product roadmap/backlog, as well as user story roadmap/backlog for implementation facilitating those priorities as needed with product managers.
- Conduct backlog grooming meetings with a team of product owners & product managers.
- Lead and participate in customer planning and stakeholder demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievements to solution management and the agile team.
- Monitor the progress of product development, as well as plan for product release.
- Collaborate with product managers to represent customer and end user perspective for added product features and accountable for acceptance criteria for program increments.
- Provide reports to update management and stakeholders on product development operations.
- Analyze solution management direction, customer input and feedback to determine features or components that will add value to the product.
- Assess product value stream to identify areas that require improvements, including ‘enabler’s’.
- Measure product performance as well as value delivered to clients in order to make adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure implemented product features add value to existing and new customers as well as new markets and increase company returns.
- Lead collaboration, facilitate sprint activities, and create and communicate requirements artifacts that translate business needs into executable requirements. Work closely with business stakeholders, marketing team, product/project managers, and technical teams -IT (Oracle and SFDC) to understand, analyze, refine, prioritize, and communicate needs to ensure full understanding of project scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Must be comfortable working in the SAFe methodology with multiple product managers, product owners and agile teams.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Four (4) plus years of Product Owner experience in an agile environment
- Four (4) plus years of experience in business analysis, requirements definition, and involved in building software solutions required
- Experience working in a software development; financial or tax technology experience a plus
- Experience delivering commercial software to large corporations via SAFe
- Experience translating business strategy into specific product features
- Experience using JIRA to manage product backlogs
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience