Our client is looking to hire a Networking Services Lead that will be a hands-on manager of a team and be responsible for the design, implementation and management of the Corporate Network, related technical infrastructure as well as Telephony / Communications.
Provide advanced design, implementation and management services for Network and Data Center Infrastructure across Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud operating environments
Key functional areas include:
- Develop and enforce Global Standards and Policies in the areas of Networking, Security, Telephony and Communications
- Provide leadership, direction and support in the development, implementation and continual refinement of Network related operations and support processes, procedures and best practices.
- Lead global cross-functional teams and vendor resources in successful delivery of medium to large projects
- Lead effective teams, developing and managing internal team members ensuring accountability and performance objectives are met
- Provide architecture, design and advanced technical support services for Networking, Security, Telephony and Communications
- Accountable for vendor management function, ensuring alignment with corporate Business and IT objectives, managing service delivery, as well as account team management and billing operations
- Track and Report Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements to IT Management and Stakeholders
- Manage full lifecycle of Network and telephony Technical Infrastructure including decoms and upgrades, maintenance renewals and support information
- Provide capacity forecasting/budgeting informing IT and Business Managers about enhancements and key capital investments
- Remain business focused, adhering to Audit, Compliance, Finance, Legal, Procurement and Data Privacy Office standard processes and policies
- Provide governance and ensure adherence to Corporate policies and procedures by Regional and Site IT staff
- Provide a high degree of strategic planning and broad technical expertise regarding hardware and software as they relate to direct area of responsibility to ensure effective Network models and improved operational performance.
- Lead due diligence and decision-making process regarding hardware and software as they relate to direct area of responsibility to meet short-term and long-term needs.
- Work closely with the Service Desk, Server, Operations and Cloud Infrastructure teams to establish alignment and to determine technology needs and direction.
- Work on critical projects with Corporate IT, Regional IT, Business functions, strategic partners and vendors to identify, select, integrate and manage cost, effective and efficient technology solutions into the existing landscape.
- Evaluate, test, and assist in the selection of Enterprise level hardware, software and management solutions that enhance the performance and reliability of the Business applications and processes.
- Accountable for providing Service Management and Escalation functions for corporate Global Network infrastructure, working closely with our support partners and Service Desk organization in the consistent delivery of Networking services.
- Collaborate and provide architecture, strategy and vision to AV Operations and Collaborative Systems teams
Proven and Demonstrated Experience/Qualifications:
- Project Management: Leading global cross-functional teams and vendor resources in successful delivery of medium to large projects
- Team/Vendor Management: Developing and effectively managing internal and external teams
- Service Management: Providing the highest levels of service delivery using standard methodology, managing and reporting key metrics
- Design/Architecture: Evaluating, selecting and deploying Enterprise class infrastructure
- Technology Innovation: Driving new ways of delivering services that enable Business growth and Innovation
- 10 + years hands-on experience in a Networking Services environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Enterprise-class LAN and WAN devices such as Load Balancers, Appliances, WAN Optimization devices, Firewalls, Switches, and Routers
- Advanced knowledge and experience with core networking protocols and technologies such as BGP, OSPF, 802.1Q (VLAN), 802.1x (NAC), 802.11x (Wireless), STP, Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, and SNMP
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Voice and Video Convergence gateways, protocols, codecs, and load balancing technologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience with WAN and LAN concepts, Network security, optimization, load balancing, performance monitoring and system resiliency/availability
- Project management skills for medium and large-scale projects including management of costs and internal and external (outsourcers and consultants) resources
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated experience in managing and motivating a technology team in performance evaluations and development plans for direct reports
- Implementation and management of tools to monitor and protect Network performance and quality of service
- Build, foster and develop a high performing technical team
- Assess numerous technologies for selecting appropriate Network solutions
- Analyze problems, issues & needs and provide robust but adaptable solutions which meet current and future requirements
- Vendor management experience essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills